Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feet in the sand, sun at my back

Another wonderful day in paradise. Whipped out my sewing machine yesterday and put together a chevron bag with a large peony flower and a coordinating wallet. It was nice to hear that strong machine churning its gears again. Loving my new sewing set up and looking forward to a lot more days of creativity ahead.  This will be going to the Navy Spouses Club in DC for their annual spring event. I plan on adding more items to the event but it was nice to get off to a good start. Plus, it has such a nautical feel to it with the yellow and Navy blue.

Today, we decided not to stay indoors. There was certainly a strong wind blowing, which helped move the clouds away and let the sun shine down on us in all its glory.  We spent a few hours soaking in the ocean breeze, playing in the sand, chasing crabs and avoiding jelly fish.  I loved watching the ocean waves roll in one on top of the other. Mesmerizing and beautiful! All different shades of blue with each wave.  This day is exactly what I needed to push me to create something again.

I was reading excerpts of a book yesterday, about running your own business and it stressed how important it is to get out when inspiration or energy is lacking. Go site seeing, or window shopping, explore, something to get your creative juices flowing again.  How lucky to be in a place where this is all possible.

As I was watching the waves roll in I decided that I need to start carrying my drawing book with me. Especially if I want to see my art journal unfold the way I wish for it to. I was so inspired by my Mom's art journal that she brought a long with her. She pulls it out whenever she has an idea or sees something that she doesn't want to forget. Definitely a wonderful habit to form.

So much on my mind that I want to do, new things I want to try, can I please have more hours in the day to do it all? I think there is so much I want to do that I make myself tired just thinking about it. LOL.

Well, I'm off to watch the kiddos play in the pool after they finish their homework. Until next time, have a wonderfully creative day! (or night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment