Friday, January 25, 2013

Passing time, anticipation and minor setbacks

My Mom is coming to visit!!!!! Can't even begin to express how excited I am.  How excited the little ones are too. So, with that said, I think I have seen every minute pass today just anticipating her arrival.  The girls will get home from school in 1 1/2 hours and then we'll hope in the car and climb the mountain, go through the mountain, breeze down the other side and pull up at the airport to get her.   Yay!!  You see, I've never actually had my Mom all to myself since I have been married. So this time together will be wonderful. She is an artist in all aspects of life and this place is going to reveal its magic to her, no doubt, because it has already revealed its magic to me.

Today, as I returned the garbage barrel back to the house, I could smell the neighbors making breakfast and the plumeria blossoms in the breeze. Do you know how blessed I feel when so many others are dealing with colder than cold temperatures back at home?  And so, when I start feeling antsy or upset about something, I need to keep reminding myself that I have a lot of good happening right now.

So on my docket of things....I started a piece last night that I will enter into a competition for Mardi Gras. I'm at the point right now that I need to decide about color, do I do watercolor or marker or colored pencil??  The pic shows it 1/2 way through my first process but I have since markered in all the details. Any suggestions on color? I've never actually experience Mardi Gras in person but from all the photos I've researched, I have an idea that bright bold colors would work best. This will possibly be put to fabric too, so I keep wondering if the bolder the color, the better the outcome on fabric.

I'm now down to 2 hours 49 minutes 'til Mom steps foot in HI.  Haha, I swear I'm not counting.

 I found a quote this morning that made me smile and I need to share it. It truly is a great perspective on an otherwise annoying situation.   I will take pleasure in knowing that I am one step ahead and I'm happy to be where I am.  I know who I am as a creator, as an artist and as a Mom. I get inspired by others as does everyone, but I know I find my own way in my own time. So eat your heart out, and please do keep following because you are making the biggest fool of yourself.

 

Who knew that high school like drama would follow us into adulthood. But I'm too happy today to let this get me down. I just needed to write about it,  and not so candidly, to finally get it off my chest.

Now the little man and I, will figure out a way to pass the next couple of hours until we get to show Mom our little slice of paradise.  Oh, all our furniture and "stuff" will get to the island next week which means, a lot more creative days to come! I cannot wait. It's a wonderful day!! :)

Until next time, have a creatively blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished piece - I love masks - use to have a collection on the walls of many apartments... feathers, sparkles the works. Looking forward to it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe this completed project will find it's way to your doorstep <3

      Delete