Sunday, April 7, 2013

More and more Clothes

I think it would be safe to say, I am on a clothing roll! I love when Little Miss M and Little Miss V look chic and adorable for school.  I'm glad that they aren't so much into the clothing for 8 & 9yr olds that look like clothing for 17 & 18yr old girls.  I want to teach them modest dressing is classy and beautiful no matter the age.

This morning I made another circle skirt, a sleeveless linen shirt with a ruffle and a dress. I took nice fitting tee's that the girls have and I used those as my guide for the dress and shirt.

I turn the tee's inside out and follow along the lines with about a 1/2" allowance which allows me room for error (which I make many of) and the finished product is not super fitted but has more give and flow-i-ness which the girls like.  After I cut the fabric, I trace it onto last weeks newspaper so I have made my own pattern for next time, if it turns out well enough.

For the circle skirt, I measure the girls waist I take their waist size, add 2 inches and divide by 6.28 to get the radius. Very simple! It has been about 1 year since I first tried the circle skirt so I'll need to research again to see if I can find the blog I learned my technique from.

♡ ąℓexąnʠяą


Here is Miss M's nice fitting shirt that I used as my template.

Traced the cut out on to old newpaper for use in the future.

Mr. F making his own pattern. Future fashion designer?? 

 The top of the dress is based off of the red shirt but I added a skirt to it to make it a dress and an elastic casing.

 The circle twirl skirt. LOVE the fabric from Girl Charlee

 The linen sleeveless shirt with an added ruffle and fancy stitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment