Monday, February 25, 2013

In the Blink of an Eye

This past month has flown by in the blink of an eye. My heart is heavy today. My Mom took off on her jet plane last night to return back to her normal life in New England.  What a treasure it was to have her here with the kids and me for the past month.  We laughed a lot, and made wonderful memories if even just memories staying at home. We saw some sights but I told her I couldn't show her everything so she will be forced to come back again before we leave.  Isn't it just amazing how wonderful times can pass before us so quickly. I'd like to say I treasured every moment that she was here and I anxiously anticipate when she comes back again and hopefully with my Dad.

And now we begin our countdown until my husband comes home. Every day without him seems like an eternity.  I love that I met this man in High School and I still get butterflies thinking about him. I look forward to getting back into our family routine with him.  And our son, well, he talks every day about how much he misses Daddy and I think this boy will faint when he sees Daddy step off of his jet plane!

So today, I have music playing to fill that quiet void I feel. I've been more creative today than I have been in the past few months.  I've finished 1 order, started another order and started another art tote bag. I've sat with the little guy to draw a little, answered emails....have been too easily distracted by the electronic thing called a computer.

Before Mom left, we talked about ways to spark creativity. She told me of a challenge to write 10 pages a day. Well, 10 pages is an overwhelming goal for me so I've made a goal of at least writing on my blog each day...if even just a quote or a lyric to a song that speaks to me.

"How've you been

It's just the usual here

And days are feeling like years

And every day's without you"






have a creatively blessed day!
ąℓexąnʠяą

No comments:

Post a Comment