Monday, February 11, 2013

Refreshed, Renewed

These views are worth all the hassle of moving!
too many boxes!
Up until our furniture arrived, the days here in Hawaii seemed to be longer than usual. Wonderful to get back to slow days, soaking up all the hours, being able to accomplish a lot...or just a little.  But last week, Tuesday to be exact, at promptly 8 a.m. the Aloha furniture we were using was whisked out of the house. Thirty minutes later, 350 pieces whisked into the house. Thankfully, my Mom is still visiting and she handled every meal and the kids while I unpacked our life ferociously. Stacked box upon box, moved furniture to just the right spot, filled dresser drawers with clothes, bookshelves with beloved readings, and toy boxes with long awaited toys. It took 2 1/2 long days of hard work, but by Friday morning the house was completely set up, cozy and feeling like a proper home.  During my 2 1/2 days of unpacking I thought to myself how wonderful it would be to not have to do this every 2-3 years. But then I'd unwrap a long lost picture, be in awe of something I thought I misplaced here again in my hands for my viewing pleasure. So, all in all, moving has it's up and downs and for now I'm going to relish in the ups of having this house put together just the way I like.

My little art and jewelry making desk is set up in one corner with 4 large breezy windows and a mountain view. My sewing desk and area is set up in another corner with 4 large breezy windows and a pool view. How blessed I feel! I suspect many long hours and creative ventures coming soon. I was able to sit and work on some beading projects over the weekend. We stayed home because the little man was under the weather with a fever. Amazing how you can instantly miss the spunk of the little ones when they aren't feeling so well.


Having not been able to get out for a few days, today we took advantage of the little guy feeling better and we went exploring after stopping by the post office quickly. We were able to steal a couple of hours of sunshine before the rain and mist set in. We drove up and around the winding mountains with breathtaking ocean views, and found some great pull off areas to get some breath taking photos albeit using the iphone yet again. Remind me to keep my camera in the car for unexpected adventures!  So enjoy the photos and the views until next time,










No comments:

Post a Comment