I am even more pleased with the way this quilt turned out. My twin size, I love it, but I was not happy with how the squares did not match up completely and the top stitching was hard to accomplish at times. This time around, I was looking at long arms on amazon.com and I saw a "what others bought" listing for a certain presser foot for the sewing machine. I used an open toe foot...the ones that use for applique I believe. It worked perfectly for me. The twin quilt I used a walking foot which is supposed to feed the fabric evenly. I do believe it does however, because of the large back of the foot, I find it hard to maneuver my fabric and I found that frustrating. With the open toe foot, my fabric fed through the machine much easier, did not pucker, I was able to better gauge the placing of the stitch, and made the process much more enjoyable.
I switched the binding around, I machine stitched it to the back side and hand stitched it to the front. Overall, the stitching on the front was much more even this time. I still have to perfect that binding stitch, I'm not sure you are supposed to see as much of the thread as my quilts show.
Enjoy the pictures! I am sure there will be MANY more pictures of quilted items to come soon.