Friday, July 26, 2013

Paper Roses, repurposed book pages

If you haven't figured it out yet, I ADORE flowers! Fabric flowers, flowers in fabric, real flowers, fake flowers, flowers made from just about anything.  So it shouldn't surprise you that I had to try something new while sipping my morning coffee.

Each petal is individually cut, rolled around a pencil for a little bit of shape and then applied to a "stick" (I used a q-tip covered in washi tape!)   Hot glued on...I have 2 burned fingers but despite that throbbing pain in my poor fingers, I love how this turned out!

Enjoy!
      
       







2 comments:

  1. your paper roses are marvelous.
    clothes pins are our friends and helpers!!
    tell me about your watermarking
    http://sonjahagemanndesigns.blospot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonja. I love how the rose turned out even if I got a layer of skin stuck on my glue gun in the process! LOL. The watermark, I created it on my photo editing software, lightroom. As for the name in my watermark, it is actually the name of my "online boutique" that I started through Facebook. My girls came up with the name :) It was a dance they created when we stopped here in Hawaii on our way back from Japan.

      Delete