Thursday, March 21, 2013

Interrupting this regularly broadcasted facebook update...

I am ashamed to admit this, but much to my dismay, I cannot post anything on Facebook this morning. I figured I didn't write here yesterday so this is my back up plan! Haha.

Tuesday was a wonderful day, a busy day, which is always good when you want time to pass a little more quickly. A friend from Japan and her daughters came to the house, we had lunch together and we had a little bit of crafting time. Crafting time is always fun for me, but it was fun to actually "teach" a little bit of what I know. Maybe I'll make this more of a routine.  Perhaps with a tutorial for everyone once I figure out how to post videos. Of course, I first need to figure out how to make a video that wont want to make you run to the bathroom to hurl your food from being so motion sick!!

I thought I was pretty good at video taking but after taking a home tour video for another friend I realized I am quite inexperienced with the whole video thing.  I'll keep trying, I never give up!

Anyway, while I had my crafting time with friends, my friend mentioned something to me about my things coming out a bit more artistic and I really started thinking about it.  I think what helps me is that I am really not super organized. That's weird right? But I truly think this helps. For instance, with my beads, I LOVE them, all of them but basically, they are all jumbled up together in a big bowl. This isn't a bad thing for me because what happens, is that I can see how the beads work together before I even start stringing them. For others, those who are more organized then me, maybe this is a frightening nightmarish way to do things, but it works for me. What is important about being creative is that you find what works for YOU.

I did decide, however, that I needed to be a tad more organized. So yesterday, I took some Mochi ice cream containers, some baby food plastic containers and went to work. To stay true to my "chaotic jumbled this works for me mess", I separated by color only.





After a day of fun in the sun with the kids yesterday, I sat down at my jewelry table, my mental haze lifted, and went to work on this piece...which I am trying to upload to Facebook and I just cannot right now.   We'll see what today brings!! Until then though, stay creatively blessed!

♡ ąℓexąnʠяą  


No comments:

Post a Comment